Phuket is among the most popular and famous places to visit in Thailand. It is well known for its amazingly stunning beaches, its scenic natural beauty, the charming town and the lively nightlife. Apart from offering so many great spots to visit, Phuket also hosts special festivals, fares and events. Phuket is widely known for its rich heritage and culture. Thus, it is a great idea for the visitors to be a part of the fairs and festivals held in Phuket each year.
- New Year Fair or Phuket Red Cross Fair: Phuket Red Cross Fair is one of the grandeur fair in Phuket, which takes place in late December to early January. If you like doing charity, it is one of the best places to do so. You can also opt for blood donation. Every night of the fair, there are various entertaining activities going on that includes live music, classical dance, and shows. The trip to the fair is incomplete without tasting the yummy and delicious food. You can savor satay, coconut water, fish balls, sea food and roti.
- Chinese New Year: Chinese New Year is celebrated with much pomp and show in Phuket. Colorful processions, crackers and great music marks the onset of New Year’s celebration. It is also known as Spring Festival or Lunar New Year. It is mostly held at the end of January or the starting of February. Lion dance performance is one of the most awaited shows performed during the Chinese New Year. It is prevalent that lion dance helps ward off negativities and demons. For the tourists, it is the great time to enjoy and celebrate. Delicious food, amazing shopping deals and entertaining celebrations make it a great time to visit Phuket.
- PIMEX or Phuket International Marine Expo: PIMEX is one of the fascinating marine showcases in Phuket. It displays yachts from reputed shipyards from all around the globe including Sunseeker, Ferretti Yachts, Fairline and Princess Yachts. This attention-grabbing expo provides a platform to marine professionals from various countries. It offers a taste of lavish lifestyle in an amazing tropical location. It is usually conducted in the month of March every year.
- Songkran Festival: If you are planning to visit Phuket in April, then you should certainly celebrate the Songkran festival of Thai people. This event is celebrated to mark the commencement of the solar calendar. During this festival, people enjoy throwing water around at anything that comes their way. Children love holding their water guns and splashing water towards their friends and family. So, when you are out on the day of Songkran festival, remember to get wet on the streets.
- Phuket Vegetarian Festival: The Phuket vegetarian event is a great celebration that is celebrated for over nine-days in the month of October. During this festival, Thai people vow to remain strictly vegetarian and pray to nine Gods to make their body as well as mind pure.
These are just a few of the amazing festivals held at Phuket each year. If you are planning to visit Phuket, remember to join at least one of their festivals. Freedom Asia’s Phuket Holidays package and tours is one of the best deals to avail if you are scheduling a trip to Phuket.